Xiaobo (Bob) Xu
International Business School, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Suzhou, China
Old Dominion University, VA, USA
To be competitive and innovative in the global digital economy, organizations have to invest in digital technologies. The contemporary diffusion of digital technologies in terms of cloud computing, distributed computing, mobile computing, social media, artificial intelligence, business data analytics, FinTech, etc. have triggered digital transformation, resulting in the business value achievement.
It is evident that digital technologies generate business value by influencing organizational innovation, entrepreneurship, and transformation. Work is increasingly being digitalized or virtualized. Several new digital forms such as crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, have been emerged. Additionally, new business models of the shared economy have disrupted traditional organizations and created new marketplaces.
While digital technologies and digital transformation have brought many advantages of efficiency, effectiveness, convenience, and competiveness, these advantages are only possible if organizational information systems are aligned with these new digital technologies and new digital transformation.
Our track welcomes rigorous and relevant theoretical and empirical research to reassess traditional assumptions and create new theories about digital technologies, digital transformation, and business value. This research challenges require the joint effort from fields of information systems research, management science, organizational studies, business value or other disciplines.
1. Digital technologies and digital transformation
2. Digital technologies and business value
3. Digital transformation and business value
4. Behavior, strategy and alignment in the digital organization
5. Digital change and innovation management
6. Theories of FinTech and innovative applications for FinTech
7. Digital technologies enabled business model innovations
8. Digital entrepreneurship and new business models
9. Artificial intelligence and business value
10. Digital technologies/transformation and shared economy
11. Digital technologies/transformation project management
12. Perspectives and challenges associated with digital technologies, digital transformation, and business value