Xiaobo (Bob) Xu
International Business School, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, Suzhou, China
Old Dominion University, VA, USA
Professor and Associate Dean
Chang’an University, Xi’an, China
To be competitive and innovative in the global digital economy, organizations have to invest in digital technologies. The contemporary diffusion of digital technologies in terms of cloud computing, distributed computing, mobile computing, social media, artificial intelligence, business data analytics, FinTech, etc. have triggered digital empowerment, resulting in social impact.
It is evident that digital technologies generate social impact by influencing organizational innovation, entrepreneurship, and transformation. Work is increasingly being digitalized or virtualized. Several new digital forms such as crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, have been emerged. Additionally, new business models of the sharing economy have disrupted traditional organizations and created new marketplaces.
While digital technologies and digital transformation have brought many advantages of efficiency, effectiveness, convenience, and competiveness, these advantages are only possible if the information systems of the organizations are aligned with these new digital technologies and new digital transformation.
Our track welcomes rigorous and relevant theoretical and empirical research to reassess traditional assumptions and create new theories about digital technologies, digital transformation, business value, digital empowerment, and social impact. This research challenges require the joint effort from fields of information systems research, management science, organizational studies, business value or other disciplines.
1. Digital technologies and digital transformation
2. Digital technologies, business value, and social impact
3. Digital transformation, business value, and social impact
4. Behavior, strategy and alignment in the digital organization
5. Digital change and innovation management
6. Theories of FinTech and innovative applications for FinTech
7. Digital technologies enabled business model innovations
8. Digital entrepreneurship and new business models
9. Artificial intelligence, business value, and social impact
10. Digital technologies project management
11. Digital transformation project management
12. Perspectives and challenges associated with digital empowerment and social impact